Parmesan Cheese Sticks
There are so many great places on the Internet to find good recipes. I have a long list of places that I check out frequently. One of my favorites is the Food Network. They have such timely and delicious recipes and they always inspire me to try new things. And now that the weather is getting cooler (finally – here in Northern CA), it is more conducive to stay inside and bake or cook.
Make this simple recipe for Parmesan Cheese Sticks. They are absolutely yummy and go perfectly with a hot cup of Zippy Tomato Soup. Plus, they work beautifully if you are serving an array of appetizers at a cocktail party. Easy to eat, and really easy to make.
What you’ll need:
- 1 (17.3-ounce) package frozen puff pastry sheets, thawed
- 1 cup freshly grated Parmesan
- 1 teaspoon dried basil
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/4 cup butter, melted
What to do:
1. Preheat your oven to 400 degrees F. and lightly grease a baking sheet.
2. On a lightly floured surface, carefully unfold the pastry sheets. Cut each sheet into 13 strips, approximately 3/4 by 10-inches each.
3. In a shallow dish or bowl, combine the cheese, basil, and garlic.
4. Brush the pastry strips with the melted butter and roll each one in the cheese mixture, lightly coating each side.
5. Gently twist the pastry strips and place them on a prepared baking sheet (you can either use parchment paper or lightly spray with cooking spray).
6. Bake the Parmesan Cheese Sticks for about 12 minutes. Remove and cool on wire racks.
A note: I am in love with the flavor that fresh Rosemary adds to recipes, so I used that instead of the basil. Use the amount that sounds good to you. I used a little less than a teaspoon as the Rosemary that grows in my backyard is pretty potent. Enjoy!
*Thanks to the Food Network for the gorgeous photo of the cheese sticks and the idea for the recipe!
Leave a Reply
You must be logged in to post a comment.