Fun Halloween Snack Mix
Halloween snack mixes are not only fun to make, but kids AND adults love them. My son is in Boy Scouts and he needed to make an awesome Halloween treat for his patrol. This is the one we chose. Try it and see if you don’t agree it’s Hallolicious….
What you’ll need:
• Cooking spray
• 3 tablespoons of vegetable oil
• 1/3 cup of popcorn kernels
• 3 tablespoons of butter or butter-tasting margarine
• 1 teaspoon of vanilla extract
• 6 cups of (12-ounces) mini marshmallows
• 6 fun-size caramel peanut chocolate bars – similar to Snickers, cut them into 1/4-inch pieces
• 3 large chocolate chip cookies, crumbled
• 1/3 cup of chopped almonds, salted
• 1/2 cup of orange and black chocolate candies – like M n Ms
What to do:
First, spray the inside of your largest mixing bowl with the cooking spray and lightly spray a baking sheet. Set aside for later.
Next, heat the oil in a popcorn popper or a large pan and pop the corn. Once popped, place the popcorn in the bowl you sprayed earlier.
Meanwhile, in a medium saucepan, heat the butter over low heat and add the vanilla extract and marshmallows. Stir constantly until the marshmallows have melted and the mixture is smooth, about 5 minutes.
Now you have a beautiful, melted mixture to pour over the popcorn. Spray a spatula with the cooking spray and use it to stir the popcorn until it is coated. Spread the mixture over the prepared baking sheet. Sprinkle with the chocolate bar pieces, cookies, almonds and chocolate candies. Using a spatula, gently press the toppings into the popcorn. Allow the mixture to dry and harden for an hour.
Finally, break the hardened mixture into 2-inch pieces and store airtight in a plastic container.
Serve it as Halloween treats wrapped in plastic, or serve it in a bowl at a party. It’ll be gone before you know it. Enjoy!
Thanks to the Food Network for the great idea and the photo!
Leave a Reply
You must be logged in to post a comment.